The Government of Ontario is helping small businesses with the unexpected costs of PPE.
To be eligible, your business must have two to nine employees and be in one of the following sectors:
- accommodation and food services
- repair and maintenance
- personal and laundry services
What you’ll get
Eligible small businesses will get one-time grants of up to $1,000.
What you’ll need to apply
You will need to submit receipts or proof of costs for PPE purchased since March 17, 2020. This includes:
- gloves, gowns, face shields, eye protection, masks, sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- thermometers, temperature monitors or cameras
- physical changes, including the installation of hand sanitizer stations and plexiglass dividers
- signs to guide or inform customers and employees
- General business information (e.g. Business Number as provided by Canada Revenue Agency
- Banking information (e.g. banking institution, account number, branch code)