Discover the benefits of a bespoke accounting solutions that helps you grow your business.
Accounting Plus understands your needs.
Accounting for the IT, Media & Communications industry is a unique area that requires experience and an understanding of the sector.
Tax Issues for IT, Media & Communications Businesses
Should I Incorporate My Business? Ask us.
Business Deductions for IT, Media & Communications Businesses
Tax deductible expenses include:
- Home office and office expenses
- Travel expenses
- Make travel deductible in a legal way.
- Marketing/branding, e.g. to develop your brand logo when selling your own brand
- Sponsored ads
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Subcontracted help
- Software licences
Business Planning for IT, Media & Communication Businesses
- Dividend Vs. Salary consideration, ask us.
- Payments to family members, ask us.
- CRA and some provinces offer tax credits for media companies, ask us if you are eligible.
- Consider applying for Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Credits.
Accounting Issues for IT, Media & Communications Businesses
- Open a separate business bank account to track income and expenses from the corporation
- Open a website listing services you provide
- Have a separate phone number for the business better to have more than one client, avoid private service business corporation
- Own your tools (e.g. laptop, software)
- Have a liability insurance
- Negotiate with the contract provider to set your own schedule
- A minor in business can own the company but can’t sign agreements, must be done in trust. Ask us.
- Earning income from streaming services, need to report it the right way – ask us
- Open HST account and help you get HST refund, even you are earning foreign income, ask us how.
READ MORE REVIEWS >
Accounting Solutions Across Every Industry Sector
Xero Online Accounting Software
Operate more efficiently and have more time to focus on your business. Find out why over 300,000 people worldwide have moved to Xero’s online accounting solution.
Xero Key Features
- Invoicing Made Easy
Not only can you create professional recurring invoices in Xero, you can also keep track of when they are opened.
- Value For Money
Xero reduces your upfront business costs with free upgrades and access for an unlimited number of users all at an affordable monthly fee.
- At-A-Glance Dashboard
With just one click, you can see your bank balance, invoices, bills and expense claims, without having to log onto various websites.
- Automatic Bank Reconciliation
Xero imports and categorizes you latest bank, PayPal and credit card transactions so reconciliation is just one click away.